In my practice I primarily work with Individuals.  However, when relevant, and when requested by the patient, important family members may be invited into sessions.  This can sometimes be helpful when an individual is doing work that involves important others (e.g., improving communication).  For the most part, psychotherapy is a very personal and private process and I take direction from the client regarding the types of intervention with which they are most comfortable.   

Common issues seen in treatment include:

        ​​*Living with Chronic Impairment and Pain

        *Anxiety and Phobias


        *Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (Childhood Trauma or Recent Traumatic                 Events)

        *Difficulty managing stress

        *Healing from Sexual, Physical and/or Emotional Abuse

        *Interpersonal difficulties and conflict

        *Low Self-esteem

        *Lack of assertiveness

        *Work-related difficulties

        *Anger Management

Psychological services are not covered under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) though most extended health insurance providers offer at least partial coverage for psychological services.

You will have to check with your plan to determine the amount and duration of your coverage for psychological services. Our office can bill directly to some third party payers such as WSIB and motor vehicle insurance.  Other extended health providers differ in their method of billing and you should ask whether your carrier allows for an assignment of benefits (pay directly to the provider).  My standard fee is $180.00 per session; each session is 1 hour long.  If you are paying out of pocket for your treatment, I will provide you with an official receipt that you may submit for reimbursement to your insurance company or report on your tax return as a medical expense.

WSIB Claimants
I am an approved health service provider for the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). Psychological services may be fully covered by the WSIB for eligible claimants. To be eligible, your employer must be insured by WSIB, you must have filed a claim with the WSIB, and it has been determined that you require psychological services as a direct result of a workplace accident, injury, or traumatic event. 

Motor Vehicle Insurance Claimants
If you have been injured (either physically or psychologically) in a motor vehicle accident, and you require treatment by a psychologist, you may be eligible to have these services paid for by your motor vehicle accident insurance.  A referral is not required for this service but it is important that you bring your motor vehicle insurance information (e.g., adjuster name and contact information, claim or policy number).  Our office has copies of all the required forms and will help you with completion of the forms.

Dr. Tamara Biederman